Finds Blood Donors Are Carrying Nile Virus
by Lawrence Altman
New York Times. September 19, 2003.
Should We Spray for West Nile Virus? Powerpoint
presented in class.
Vocabulary you should know:
|West Nile Virus
When you have finished reading this article and attended the
lecture/discussions, you should be able to:
- trace the basic life cycle of a mosquito.
- discuss the arrival and subsequent rapid spread of West Nile Virus
in North America.
- evaluate the threat posed by this disease.
- explain to a friend what precautions they should take to prevent
getting this disease.
- decide whether we should spray insecticides to control mosquitoes
that may spread West Nile Virus.
- evaluate the threat of getting West Nile Virus from a blood
Links to Websites about West Nile Virus